Sunday, January 8, 2012

This week with Mary

Happy New Year to everyone. May you find Joy, Love and Success in 2012.  Last year was a sad one for me since I lost my husband.  I am now trying to recover and throw myself into the book.  Deadly Pleasures' Publicity Campaign will begin on Jan 16th and 3000 Press Releases will go out to radio, TV, and magazines looking for interviews.  I am hoping we can boost our sales and draw recognition to the book.  Everyone who has read it seems to like it even the men, which I found very interesting and exciting.  In fact, the Kirkus reviewer recommended Deadly Pleasures as a selection for both men and women.  I attended my first Palm Springs Writers Guild meeting in a long time on Saturday and the speaker was wonderful.  Jim Kremer who wrote "1001 Ways to Market Your Books" gave us lots of interesting and workable tips.  I hope you all continue to follow my blog site and I will try to make this fun, interesting and informative for you.  I plan to buy Jim's book and I will let you know if I can recommend it to you writers out there. Thanks again, Mary

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband. John Kremer's books are excellent--they're packed full of valuable tips and information. Good luck with your promotional campaign and may 2012 year be a wonderful year for you!

Anonymous said...

I found you from Linked IN and love your honesty in your blog post. I lost my husband twenty years ago with a ten and fourteen year old. It was the hardest thing ever just to go from day to day. Often it was minute to minute.

Proud of you for marketing your book. I'm your new follower. I too want to market my book but it has a new problem everyday just getting it to the publishing house.

Debra Robinson said...

Love the cover! Debra Robinson

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary, testing from IE