Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Review of I.O.U. Sex

My Review of I.O.U. Sex by Sandra Nachlinger and Sandra Allen.  A Fabulous Read!!


I began this book, I.O.U. Sex, some time ago and had to put it down for many reasons relating to family and work. I could not wait to get back to it. Sandra Nachlinger and Sandra Allen did an incredible job of building the plot and giving us a terrific ending. I don’t like it when the author finishes their story abruptly, and then expects you to buy book number two to get the answer you shelled out your hard earned money for in the first place. This story had a marvelous concept. I mean who doesn’t wonder how our lives would have been changed had we taken a different course? If these women had given in to these High School boyfriends, would their lives have been easier? Obviously, they all had some trauma in their lives as a result of the choices they did make. Could they have avoided some, or all, of that? Could they have married right out of High School and had the perfect family, the perfect life, happily ever after? We don’t know the answer to these questions but these two authors gave us a real time picture of what could happen when one gets older, wiser, sometimes better looking, and more willing to take a risk. This is the story of how June, Peggy, and Kiki recovered from those choices and eventually resolved them.  And this gives us all hope. Thanks for a great job ladies and I look forward to your next book.  Mary Firmin, author, Deadly Pleasures

1 comment:

Sandra Nachlinger said...

Thank you, Mary, for your kind review. We're so glad you enjoyed the book.